Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
The Follicular Unit Excision (FUE), formerly known as Follicular Unit Extraction, is the latest hair transplantation technique that is applied in the world.
It is minimally invasive procedure, performed under local anaesthesia. Hairs are harvested individually from the donor area (Pic 1) and carefully placed into the recipient areas that need to be treated, using specialized micro-instruments. It requires the doctor and his technician highly skilled and trained in the FUE method.
At Timeless Hair Transplant Clinic, FUE's are performed by the use of automated hair transplantation set to harvest the grafts (Pic 2). Follicular units are encircled by a tiny surgical punch attached to the device, these follicular units are then carefully separated by size; they then are ready for transplantation into the bald or thinning areas of concern.
With this FUE technique, Dr Luciano Sciacca and his team of technicians, can harvest the entire follicle, keeping the bulb, dermal papillae, capsule and out root sheath undisturbed to prevent damage to the follicle (Pic 3 and 4), hence, providing our patients with a more efficient, less traumatic harvest of their follicular units. Once the follicles are on the recipient site the hair will keep on growing naturally (Pic 5).
The FUE automated hair transplantation set technique that we use at Timeless London Hair Transplant Clinic, allows for larger FUE sessions than before and harvest is maximised in the minimum amount of time. No stitches and no aftercare guarantee that clients can get back to work the following day It is a virtually scar-free technique, which produces natural results when the hair is removed as well as when the removed hair is transplanted.
Benefits of the Motorized FUE technique include:
· Decreased operating time vs. manual follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure
· Shorter post operative healing and recovery time than the "Strip" method
· No scalpel, suture, or staples
· No surgical removal of a strip of scalp
· Less painful procedure than "Strip" method
· No linear scars so hair can be worn very short
· Completely undetectable result with our advanced methods
· Latest techniques guarantee faster and bigger FUE sessions
· FUE procedure is done under local anaesthetic
· Patients can get back to work the following day
· Fewer complications than "Strip" method
· FUE is considered the optimal procedure for tight scalps
· Minimal risk of pain from damaged nerves
· Minimal risk of bleeding
· Minimal risk of damage to occipital or temporal blood vessels
· Increase in yield of hair grafts transplanted compared to manual FUE
· Best procedure to have performed when short hair style is desired
· Best procedure when donor site is limited for single procedure