Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
The Follicular unit transplantation (FUT),also known as "strip", is a method of hair restoration surgery where hair is transplanted exclusively in its naturaly occurring, individual follicular units. After localanaesthesia, Dr Luciano Sciacca and his team will harvest the donor strip for hair replacement from the back of the head.
The surgical wound is closed using staples, leaving only (in most individuals) a pencil-line wide scar. These staples are removed after about 8-10 days.
At Timeless London Hair Transplant Clinic, with the use of a dissecting microscope or magnification, a team of highly skilled technician will dissect the donor strip into follicular units (also known as grafts) made up of either 1,2,3, or 4 hairs in each follicle.
Using small caliber blades (0.6-0.9 mm), Dr Luciano Sciacca will practice mini incisions on the recipient scalp areas and these tiny follicular unit grafts will then carefully and expertly placed in order to create a most natural appearing result.
Benefits of FUT
· Large bald areas can be covered in one session, while FUE is a better indicated for less extended bald areas.
· Possible to add density to the whole top of the head
· Great density with our dense packing session
· Completely undetectable result with our advanced methods
· Procedure is done under local anaesthetic
· Little to no aftercare needed
· Wash and style your hair the following day and be back to work in 48 hours
Timeless London Hair Transplant Clinic is proud of offering this service, we confidently believe that the cosmetic results are equally superbe as the FUE tecnique.